Major Advantages and Benefits of PDG Membership
- PDG membership is made up of top tier innovation-driven companies from a wide range of technology areas, often the leaders in their fields. Participation supports member companies' reputation as industry leaders in IP.
- The PDG is a highly respected and dedicated industrial association committed to the advancement of Intellectual Property Information.
- PDG Members benefit from participation in the activities of the PDG’s Working Groups such as the Analysis and Visualization, IMPACT, Online or the PDV Working Groups or by attending the PDG’s Annual Members’ Meeting.
- The PDG Annual Meeting is a great opportunity for networking with peers and keeping up-to-date with the latest development in the profession.
- The PDG working groups offer a great stage for networking with peers, learning, pursuing personal professional development and benchmarking.
- The PDG working groups provide a platform for discussions with patent offices and information providers in order to better advocate our interests.
- The PDG works closely with the EPO and the national patent offices and has an official observer status at WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization).
- The PDG is a key opinion leader with regard to patent information provision at the EPO and beyond.
- The PDG liaises closely with other industrial information user groups such as CEPIUG, P-D-R, PIUG etc.
- The PDG is represented in a wide range of publishers’ and other important advisory boards relating to patent information, including major conferences
- PDG Members meet regularly with information providers and patent offices to initiate, discuss and advise on strategic issues.
- The PDG supports and encourages information providers and, in particular, patent information providers to develop new products and improve their existing systems and services
- All member interactions are based on trust, so that we do not discuss anything that would directly impact on the areas where our companies compete.
- PDG members exchange experience about the use and value of new information resources and vendor reputations (within the limits of our anti-trust guidelines). In this way, we share our workload and save resources.
- PDG members discuss staff roles and responsibilities, share practical insights, exchange knowledge, experience and ideas. All are connected to our daily work in patent information.
- The wide range of activities and information exchange leads to a better understanding of industry trends and forecasts which help PDG members to make educated decisions and prepare strategic plans.
- As a corporate member, you can send several delegates from your company to our meetings as well as getting individual access to the PDG website for your colleagues.